Have you ever wondered what you would do in case your child had an injury of the face or broke a tooth, and that too right in the middle of the night? Well, first of all there is no need to panic. You need to take your child immediately to a dentist for emergency treatment. But how would you find an emergency dentist near in Atlanta, GA? Don’t worry, Gordon Family Dentistry is at your service! In addition to providing regular dental treatment to our patients, we also take care of all your dental emergencies.
What is emergency dentistry?
Dentists normally treat their patients by appointment. But there may be emergency situations that require immediate dental treatment, regardless of the time of the day. An example is pain that becomes unbearable. Trauma of the orofacial region is quite common, especially among children. All dental problems that require immediate dental help, or where a delay will adversely affect the health of a patient are included in emergency dentistry.
What to do in case of dental emergencies?
The first thing to do in case of any dental injury, is NOT to get worried or panicked.
Emergency Dentistry Services Offered at Gordon Family Dentistry
Given below is a list of some situations demanding emergency dentistry services. This does not mean that you cannot call your dentist for anything other than these. As a general rule, whenever you feel the matter cannot wait, or you are unsure, do not hesitate to call us at (404) 486-7661. We have emergency services available at our office, round the clock for the convenience of our valued customers.
Some cases requiring emergency dental treatment:
- Uncontrolled bleeding from the mouth due to an injury
- A Knocked out tooth:
- A broken, fractured or chipped tooth
- Unbearable tooth ache
- Jaw fracture
- Sudden pain in the teeth
- Dislocated jaw.
Knocked Out Tooth Emergency Treatment
In case of a knocked out tooth do the following:
- Seek an immediate appointment with your dentist to re-implant it as soon as possible.
- In the meantime try preserving the tooth in the following manner:
- Rise it in milk. Avoid touching the root
- Then try putting the tooth back in the socket holding it by the crown only.
- If that does not happen preserve the tooth in milk or your saliva in a clean container.
Broken Tooth Emergency Treatment
If a tooth gets broken, chipped, or cracked, the following steps are advised.
- Ask for an emergency appointment with the dentist. In case of a chipped or fractured tooth the tissue inside can start to die causing irreversible damage. The sooner you get dental help the better it is.
- In the meantime:
- Rinse your mouth with water.
- Apply cold packs to the cheek or lip over the damaged tooth.
- Preserve any fragments of the tooth in clean container with milk or saliva.
- Rush to the dentist
Toothache Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a toothache during the daytime contact the dentist immediately for advice. If it happens at night, do the following:
- Try taking a pain killer. In the morning seek an immediate appointment.
- If you cannot bear the pain contact your dentist for an emergency appointment.
- In the meantime:
- Rinse your mouth vigorously and repeatedly
- Try to remove any material stuck in the cavity which is causing the pain.
- Use dental floss to clean between the teeth.
- With apiece of cotton apply clove oil inside the cavity.
- Apply a clove oil toothpaste and let it remain.
Dislocated / Locked / Broken Jaw Bone Treatment
This is serious and needs immediate treatment. Get in touch with our dental emergency service immediately. In the meantime, avoid moving the damaged side of the jaw excessively.
At Gordon Family Dentistry, we take pride in offering the highest of quality of dental treatment in Brookhaven, Atlanta, GA area. Whether you are seeking an emergency dental treatment, or you need to get your smile fixed, we will take care of all your dental problems.